Who should join ALCI?
Membership of ALCI is open to International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (Full Membership), institutions and other entities that wish to be associated with ALCI (Institutional Membership) and any others interested in the care of the breastfeeding mother and her baby (Associate Membership). All ALCI members support the purpose of the organisation. Increasingly, employers, mothers and health insurers look for membership of ALCI as indicating commitment to professional standards.
Membership is suitable for
- Individuals studying to become IBCLCs
- Midwives, Public health nurses & Health visitors
- Practice nurses, Paediatric nurses & Neonatal nurses
- Paediatricians, Obstetricians & GPs
- Health promotion specialists
- Parent craft/antenatal educators
- Students of the above professions
- Educators and researchers
- Community breastfeeding counsellors
Associate members are not IBCLCs and may not use their membership of ALCI for professional promotion. Institutional members receive 6 copies of each newsletter and advance notice of all ALCI events, but are not eligible to claim event discounts, vote at the AGM or stand for election. Membership runs from February 1st to January 31st each year. Any new member joining after December 1st will receive the current newsletter and subsequent mailings for the membership year. ALCI is an all island organisation.
Why join ALCI?
Benefits of Membership include:
- Member’s Discount to all ALCI Events , with noted presenters, new research and evidence based practice discussions, CERPs awarded
- ALCI Members Only (low cost) events, CERPs awarded
- Emailed Newsletter three times a year, to keep up to date with activities and continuing education
- Email Alerts about breastfeeding issues and events
- Access to a Facebook Discussion and Support Groups for ALCI members only
- Listing in, and a copy of, an emailed ALCI members directory
- Private Practice Listing on the ALCI website*,
- A Speaker Listing and Education Provider Listing, which are publicly accessible, to facilitate the professional development of ALCI members
- Your breastfeeding related website listed on the ALCI website
- ALCI cash bursary to attend a breastfeeding related educational event
- Skills development through participation in various task groups and committees
- Representation on National Breastfeeding Strategy Committee, Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative National Committee, Baby Feeding Law Group and through National consultations
- Networking and support among IBCLCs in Ireland and internationally
- Right to vote* for ALCI Council and on items relevant to the Association’s purpose, goals and functioning
- Membership benefit for Full members only.