Recently many ALCI members, and some staff of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda, enjoyed an informative and stimulating day with a variety of speakers; PR Consultant Marie Ennis O’Connor, CMS Teenage Pregnancy Una O’Brien, HSE National Breastfeeding Coordinator Siobhan Hourigan and Janet Calvert, RM BSc MSc.
The ALCI AGM also took place on the day. This included the official election of some Council positions, and ALCI Council now stands as follows;
- President – Margaret Murphy IBCLC, Co. Cork
- Vice President – Meabh Anne McNamara IBCLC, Co. Kildare
- Treasurer – Johanna Riley Cusack IBCLC, Co. Clare
- Secretary – Genevieve Becker IBCLC, Co. Galway
- General Council Member – Audrey McVeigh Clarke IBCLC, Co. Galway
- General Council Member – Norma Quirke IBCLC, Co. Dublin
- General Council Member – Vacant
The next ALCI Event will be the Annual Conference on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th of October 2012 in The Green Isle Hotel, Dublin. The theme will be ‘Creating Realistic Breastfeeding Expectations’. This two day event will be the 10th Annual ALCI Conference. More details will be available here.