ALCI will hold a Poster Competition as part of it’s Annual Conference. There are two categories, research and non research. Please find the application form below.
This year for the first time, ALCI are offering three scholarships.
These scholarships began in recognition of ALCI’s 25th year anniversary.
- One scholarship is for an ALCI member from a medical background who is becoming an IBCLC for the first time.
- One scholarship is from an ALCI member from a non-medical background who is becoming an IBCLC for the first time.
- One scholarship is for a re-certifying ALCI member.
The recipients will receive
- Two informative text books (“The Breastfeeding Atlas” by Barbara Wilson-Clay and “Breastfeeding And Human Lactation” by and ) worth over €190.
- € 250 towards the cost of the IBLCE Exam (see information below).
– Applicants must be an ALCI member (no minimum length of membership required).
– Applicants must plan to sit the IBCLC exam in next one or two calendar years (i.e. 2019 or 2020) and be first time IBLCE candidates OR Applicant must be due to re-certify in next one or two calendar years (i.e. 2019 or 2020).
– The ALCI Scholarship can be applied for until Wednesday September 19th.
– The winner will be announced at the Annual ALCI Conference in 2018 (attendance not essential).
– Scholarship monies will be transferred via paypal on receipt of proof of application for exam (either 2019 or 2020) and still be paid if exam is sat but not passed.
The annual conference of the Association of Lactation Consultants of Ireland is on Friday 28thand Saturday 29th September at the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth, Co. Kildare. The date, as usual, coincides with National Breastfeeding Week and this year’s keynote speaker is renowned international speaker and author Cathy Carothers, IBCLC. Booking is available here and the timetable is here.
Cathy is co-director of EVERY MOTHER, INC, past President of the International Lactation Consultant Association, and Chair- Elect of the United States Breastfeeding Committee. An experienced trainer and speaker, she has provided training programs in every U.S. State and Territory, and several foreign countries. She is a Fellow of the International Lactation Consultant Association, and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant since 1996. She is the mother of 5 breastfed children.
Other speakers at the conference on Friday will include an acupuncturist and North Dublin Public Health Nurses. There will be workshops on topics such as dealing with non-latching babies, structural issues and breastfeeding, difficult emotions in private practice, counselling and nipple trauma. On Saturday, there is another full line-up including breastfeeding and bereavement and perinatal mental health.
Lunch and refreshments are included in the registration fee. The prices are €170 for ALCI members (for both days) or €130 (for one day) and €220 for non-members (for both days) and €180 for non-members (for one day). Full-time undergraduate students, in relevant professions, may register for a fee of €60 per day. 9.75 IBLCE CERPs and NMBI CMUs have been awarded.
As part of the conference, two Annual Scholarships will be awarded to help first-time IBLCE candidates. This year for the first time, ALCI are offering a third scholarship for a member who is re-certifying. The application is here: ALCI Scholarship Application 18.
Conference participants are invited to submit research and practice posters for display, discussion, and awards. The application is here: ALCI Poster Application 2018.
With 8 plenary presentations, 4 workshops and a few surprise ‘nuggets’ over the 2 days, plus research posters, networking, new product information, craft stalls and much more, the ALCI Annual Conference is the premier event for health workers and volunteers involved in assisting breastfeeding families in Ireland.